辣腌酸奶土耳其 - 酸奶的自然嫩的权力，这种鸟出来可口，细嫩多汁可口，五香式肉汁。
If I tell you how many turkeys I’ve roasted in the past 2 weeks – promise not to laugh? I think I’ll wait ’til the end to tell you – better if you hear the whole story first. But Iwill告诉你，我两个星期的火鸡全神贯注的结果导致了这道美味，鲜嫩，香辣腌制酸奶火鸡。这是一个土耳其风格的配方明亮和酸奶，柠檬，大蒜和辣椒阿勒颇的灿烂的味道。
I’ve enjoyed many of these turkeys over the years – but not enough to stop me from searching.
一个月前的感恩节是什么启发了我开始测试火鸡食谱OXOprovided me with the ultimate turkey tools and invited me to be part of the OXO TurkeyDay Giveaway! ***NOTE: THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED***
当你烹饪火鸡（或 - 在我的情况 - 许多火鸡），它是如此更容易和更有趣，当你的工作有很大的设备！
I’m happy to tell you that you have a chance to win these same great turkey tools! You’ll find the form to enter the OXO TurkeyDay Giveaway at the end of this post. Good luck!
我决定利用酸奶的神奇力量嫩烤火鸡我。我已经取得了巨大成功酸奶腌好的鸡肉在烤架上！188betasiaI was excited to try the same approach with my turkey.
My idea was to create a thick coating of deliciously spiced yogurt to coat the bird. I had a feeling that marinating and cooking the bird in yogurt would tenderize it and keep the it moist and juicy throughout the cooking process.
我做了酸奶烹饪一些研究。事实证明，当加热到高温酸奶变得不稳定 - 这是因为它的蛋白质含量。我发现，脂肪与蛋白质比例越高，越稳定酸奶。因此，使用低脂或无脂酸奶做饭是不会给你一个奶油酱。
One of the most interesting resources I found online was a bunch of forums – Indian cooks – discussing how to prevent yogurt-based curries from curdling. The one tip that was widely agreed upon in the forums was to whisk yogurt in之一directiononly，so as not to break up the protein bonds. I couldn’t corroborate the scientific validity of this advice, but I figured it couldn’t hurt to follow it, so I did!
I also learned that you can temper yogurt by whisking in flour or cornstarch. I tried that on one turkey. It didn’t seem to make too much of a difference so I decided it would be better to keep the recipe gluten free.
I tried basting a couple of turkeys with brown butter. Brown butter has a rich nutty flavor that I’ve enjoyed in other Turkish recipes. It was good but in the end I felt that it overpowered the gravy – I preferred plain butter.
The one issue that took me the longest to pinpoint – 4 turkeys later – was that not all whole milk yogurts are created equal. Some have a built-in stabilizer!
土耳其一号了前四只火鸡最好的涂层。我用了Stonyfield Farm Smooth and Creamy yogurt土耳其。对于其他三个我使用费奇Total Greek yogurt. After a lot of frustration with the coatings and sauce quality of turkeys two, three and four, it finally occurred to me to compare the ingredients in the two yogurts. Stonyfield adds pectin to their thick and creamy yogurt. Fage doesn’t. Pectin is a stabilizer! It keeps the yogurt together – smooth and creamy – even when cooked at a high temperature.
One last finding: Of the 6 turkeys that I roasted, four were fresh young turkeys and two were free range. The fresh young turkeys werewaymore tender and had a lot more meat than the free range birds.
I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!
Here’s the recipe for Spicy Yogurt Marinated Turkey. If you try this recipe I hope you’ll come back to leave a comment and let me know what you think.打印
SPICY YOGURT MARINATED TURKEY
Tender juicy roast turkey with spiced up gravy
- Cook Time:3小时
- 类别：Main Dish
- For the Turkey
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 3汤匙一个leppo Pepper (or substitute4teaspoons红辣椒碎加4teaspoonssweet paprika)
- 3汤匙tomato paste
- 12-14garlic cloves, flattened and peeled (see info on十和剥离大蒜”>如何平十and peel garlic）
- 1/2杯无盐黄油（1stick), melted
- Rinse and Truss the TurkeyRemove the neck and giblets from the turkey and reserve for another use. Rinse and dry the turkey inside and out. Set it in on a work surface or in a large baking pan. Sprinkle the cavity with salt and pepper and put 2 lemon slices and 3 garlic cloves in the cavity. Truss the legs of the turkey by cutting off a 12-18 inch piece of twine and tying the legs together (see photo on the blog).
- 使腌料Spoon the Aleppo pepper (or the red pepper flakes and paprika) into a large bowl. Add 2 tablespoon of warm water (3 tablespoons, if using pepper and paprika) and stir to moisten the spices. Set aside for 5 minutes. Add the yogurt, tomato paste, olive oil and salt to the bowl. Mix gently with a fork, stirring only in one direction, until the ingredients are just combined. Add the remaining lemons and garlic to the bowl, and gently stir, in the same direction.
- Coat the Turkey with MarinadePreheat the oven to 450ºF. Place the oven rack in the lowest position. Make sure the trussed turkey is in your roasting pan – breast side up. Pour the yogurt marinade over the top of the turkey. Lift the bird by the neck and, using your hands, smear some marinade over the bottom of your turkey. Pat marinade over the wings and legs and any areas that are bare. Let the turkey sit with the marinade at room temperature for 30-45 minutes. (Or you can marinate the turkey for up to 24 hours in the fridge).
- Roast the TurkeyBefore cooking, mound excess marinade onto the turkey. Remove any garlic cloves from the top of the turkey to prevent them from burning, leaving them in the pan. Gently place some lemon slices around the top – decoratively, if you like. Roast the turkey at 450ºF for 30 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and set it on a heat-proof surface. Gently pour the melted butter over the top of the turkey. Return the turkey to the oven. Lower the heat to 350ºF and roast the turkey for 2 – 2 1/2 hours longer, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast registers 161F – baste every half hour with pan juices – add a cup of stock to the pan when it looks dry – if any part of the turkey is getting too brown, press some foil over it.
- Make the GravyTransfer turkey to a platter and tent with foil while you make the gravy. Remove the roasted garlic and lemon slices from the roasting pan and set aside. Pour the liquids from pan into a gravy separator. (do not clean the roasting pan) Wait a few minutes until you see that the fat has risen to the top, then pour the liquid into a medium sized saucepan. Set the fat aside.
- Set the roasting pan on the stove over two burners set to medium heat. Add a cup of stock to the pan and stir, scraping the bottom with a wooden, spoon to release all of the flavorful brown bits. Turn off the heat and pour liquid into the saucepan. Add the roasted garlic to the pan. I like to spoon in a couple of tablespoons of the fat for flavor – you can leave it out entirely for a non-fat gravy or add as much as you like for a richer gravy.
- 菜泥肉汁Puree the gravy with an immersion blender or in a blender or food processor. Return it to the pot (if you removed it) and thin with some broth until you get your desired consistency. Season with salt, to taste.
- Slice turkey and serve it with spicy yogurt gravy.