麻辣花生芝麻面配鸡肉188betasia– delicious Asian comfort food that’s easy to make at home.
Fall is finally and convincingly here. Splashes of red and yellow leaves are dotting the landscape and becoming more dominant by the day. The temperature has dropped to where it’s officially sweater weather. I love the change of landscape, weather and wardrobe.
Fall always feels exciting – a time for new beginnings. My newest beginning is an empty nest. It’s just me, Eddie and our dog Baxter living at home now. We’re adjusting to a dramatically quiet house that at times feels big and empty and at other times feels happily quiet and calm. One thing I miss terribly are the daily texts from my youngest son Paul asking what’s for dinner. I know if I replied “Spicy Sesame Peanut Noodles,” he would have texted back “awesome!!!!”
Spicy sesame peanut noodles are my idea of awesome too – tender noodles coated in creamy sesame peanut butter sauce, with lots of exciting flavors – spicy, sweet, salty and totally irresistible. Be warned: it’s hard to resist having a second helping of these, even when you’re full.
Here’s how the recipe goes: Shred the chicken. Boil, rinse and drain the pasta.
Mix all the sauce ingredients in your blender or food processor.
Add veggies. Sesame peanut sauce is rich and creamy so it’s great to contrast that with something crisp and crunchy and light. I decided to go with raw vegetables – carrots, scallions and cucumbers – for flavor, the crunch factor and for ease of preparation.
For the carrots I wanted little jeweled pieces to sparkle through the creamy noodles. I didn’t want big chunks and I also didn’t want fuzzy-edged grated carrots. So I came up with a new technique for cutting carrots that was just perfect. First I peeled the carrots into thin strips with a vegetable peeler (below left). Then I lined up all the strips and cut them crosswise (below right).
Carrots are great but you can add any vegetable that you like. Blanched broccoli, snow peas, or asparagus would work really well in this dish. Slivered spinach or arugula tossed in would be great too. Yes, I did say arugula. I experimented with one batch and loved it! Arugula’s bright peppery bite was a great counterpart to the rich creamy noodles.
传统的伴奏来亚洲芝麻面条s is cucumber. I decided to add it to the top for more fresh crunch and color. To make cucumber matchsticks, use a hothouse cucumber, which is firm and has minimal seeds. Slice it crosswise into 2 or 3-inch pieces or however long you want your matchsticks to be. Stand each section up on its cut side and slice it into thin strips. Then lay the strips flat on your cutting board and sliced them, as thinly as you like, into matchsticks.
To finish the dish, toss the chicken, noodles and vegetables with the sauce and top with cucumber matchsticks and toasted sesame seeds.
I have to mention Baxter again because, after all, he’s my only child still living at home. He’s actually pretty old for a dog (11 years) but lately he seems to have miraculously grown 5 years younger overnight. He’s so energized by the chilly fall mornings, he’s prancing around like a puppy.
这是辣的芝麻P的处方eanut Noodles with Chicken. You probably know by now how much I love hearing from you. If you cook this recipe I hope you’ll come back to leave a comment and let me know what you think.
- Prep Time:20 mins
- 库克时间：10 mins
- Total Time:30 mins
- Category:Lunch or Dinner
For The Noodles and Chicken:
- 12盎司of linguini, spaghetti, Soba noodles or your favorite noodles
- 1/2茶匙salt (for the cooking water)
- 3 cupsshredded cooked chicken (used both breasts of a rotisserie chicken or1 1/2pounds of chicken breasts, poached.)
For The Sauce
- 1 tablespoon加1个茶匙蒜末（5medium cloves)
- 1 tablespoonplus 1 teaspoon minced ginger root (from a2inch by1寸片）
- 2 tablespoons米醋（或白色黑醋或白葡萄酒醋）
- 2 tablespoonshoney (substitute agave, brown sugar or your favorite sweetener)
- 3/4 cupcrunchy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoonswarm water, or more if needed
- 1–2teaspoons Sriracha depending on how hot you like it (or substitute chili-garlic sauce or the hot sauce of your choice)
- 4 tablespoons加1/4茶匙麻油
- 2carrots, shaved into ribbons with a peeler, ribbons sliced thinly crosswise (see photos and instructions in post)
- 6scallions, sliced thinly crosswise (save some for garnishing)
- 1/2of an english cucumber (also called English cucumber), cut into matchsticks (see post for photos and instructions)
- 1/4 cupsesame seeds, toasted (Toss and stir in a dry skillet over medium heat until fragrant and lightly toasted, watching carefully to prevent burning. Remove from heat immediately)
- Cook The Noodles:带来一大壶盐腌（1茶匙左右）水的煮沸。库克面食嚼劲（直到刚刚招标，有一些咬）排水，并在自来水冷却。排水throughly并转移到一个大搅拌碗，1/4茶匙麻油折腾，严防死守。
- Make The Sesame Peanut Sauce:Combine garlic, ginger, vinegar, honey (or sugar), peanut butter, water, soy sauce and Sriracha in a blender or food processor. Process for a minute or so until fully combined. Some peanut butters are thicker than others. Add 2 tablespoons sesame oil and blend thoroughly. Repeat with remaining 2 tablespoons sesame oil. If the sauce is too thick, add more warm water, a tablespoon at a time, until you get the desired consistency.
- Finish The Dish:Add the chicken, carrots and 3/4 of the scallions to the bowl with the noodles. Pour the sauce over and toss gently to combine. Transfer noodles to a serving bowl or to individual bowls. Garnish with cucumber, scallions and sesame seeds. Serve at room temperature.
Keywords:sesame noodles, peanut noodles,