This corned beef hash recipe has carrots, zucchini, bell peppers and onions, in addition to corned beef and potatoes. The extra veggies add so much great flavor to this DELICIOUS hash. It’s perfect for St. Patrick’s Day or any time you want corned beef hash for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
I love the concept of hash: a big messy delicious jumble – heavy on the potatoes – bits of tasty onion & bell pepper strewn around, shreds of salty meat in every bite, the yolk of a soft cooked egg dripping down over a crispy brown hunk of potato…. mmmm.
This hash is cooked in two stages.
- There’s a lot of debate about how to poach the perfect egg.
- 我走遍了互联网，我的食谱是最好的学习方法。I thought Julia Child’s method might be good – it usually is – but her recipe requires too many specialized gadgets: an egg-pricker to prep the egg for a 10-second boil in the shell, followed by poaching it in a specially-designed egg-poaching cup.
- Finally I landed on a very interesting视频中的“如何水煮鸡蛋”严重餐馆.我用自己的法和水煮一堆鸡蛋自己的方式。每一个鸡蛋是完美的！
How to make perfect poached eggs:
- Before cooking the egg, crack it into a mesh strainer and jiggle it around over the sink to let the liquid part of the white drain out. Turns out it’s that liquid that causes cloudy, messy poached eggs.
- 在烹调过程中保持水刚下沸腾。放下滤网放入热水和尖端鸡蛋入水中。煮鸡蛋3 1/2到4分钟，不时轻轻摇动水的时间，以保持鸡蛋烹调均匀。用漏勺取下水荷包蛋。
- 鸡蛋可以提前挖走，就像在食用前保存在冰箱和热水加热。这是概述，但我仍然强烈建议看the video on how to poach eggs!
Of course corned beef hash is great for breakfast or brunch. But I think it’s also the perfect “breakfast for dinner” recipe – especially this corned beef has recipe, with loads of veggies.
Here’s the Healthy Corned Beef Hash recipe. If you try this recipe I hope you’ll come back to leave a star rating and a comment. I’d love to know what you think!Print
Corned beef hash with lots of vegetables the mix makes a full healthy meal. Even better with a poached egg on top.
- Prep Time:20分钟
- Total Time:1小时5分钟
- 4–5boiling potatoes (2pounds), such as Yukon golds or red-skinned new potatoes, scrubbed or peeled, cut in half, crosswise.
- 4 tablespoons橄榄油，分
- 1黄大洋葱，切块（1 1/2杯)
- 1medium zucchini, sliced in quarters lengthwise, thinly sliced crosswise
- Preheat oven to 225ºF. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes. Cook for 20-25 minutes, until potatoes are just cooked through. Drain potatoes in a colander. Let them cool. Cut them into 1/2-inch dice, set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. (You can also use a non-stick skillet, but keep a close eye on the heat to ensure the veggies and potatoes don’t burn) Add onions, peppers, zucchini and carrots. Push them down into the pan in a single layer and leave them undisturbed for 3 minutes to brown. Flip them and leave them for another 2-3 minutes. Add corned beef and cook, tossing everything in the skillet for another minute or two. Sprinkle with thyme and a few grinds of black pepper. Transfer the mixture to a casserole or heatproof bowl and set aside.
- Poach eggs, if using. Divide hash among 4-5 plates and serve with poached eggs on top, if you like. Pass around extra salt and pepper.
关键词：corned beef hash recipe, corned beef and veggie hash